Standard fields processed during import:
- parent(s) name, student(s) name, grade(s), address, phone and email, (email not always provided), notes/comments.
- If existing email is not found in the roster, user and its trips are permanently deleted
- If existing email is found in the roster, the information provided in the new roster will overwrite the information provided for that user's account (user receives email but does not have to set up a new password)
- If non-existing email is found in the roster, create a new household for this user and create a household claim code, from which the user can claim their schoolpool household.
- If a record is imported without an email, the user and info will show on map, but will not be able to log in to the system.
- If the roster cannot import because of file structure error, error and recommendations to fix are stated.
- Import allows for multiple students to be associated to a parent.
- Upon successful import, the administrator is able to send parents with email addresses a schoolpool match email:
- Notifies parents that an account has been created for them providing them with secure login information. They can log in to view their matches via cluster tool and begin contacting parents.
- Provides parents a personalized, ‘Refrigerator-ready’ PDF match list and a map identifying the families living closest to them
- This email can be customized: subject lines and copy, cover letter (logo and copy).
Examples of these imports can be provided by a RideAmigos administrator upon request.