The RideAmigos Schoolpool tool provides the opportunity to create communities of school-based carpoolers as one of your TDM strategies. It allows for visualization of the households that make up the database in order to better understand how to employ your strategies, as well as facilitate the creation of carpools, vanpools, or shuttles for parents.
Parents also have the opportunity to build their transportation community on their own. RideAmigos supports both the manual creation of school rosters or the uploading of one via CSV file. Once the rosters are created, many features and workflows are available to facilitate the management of your TDM schoolpool strategies. Cluster maps, custom PDF generation for snail mail, and private registration are some additional features available.
- Edit schools
- Import, view, and edit households
- Generate and download match PDFs
- Send emails to households
- All of the above plus ...
- Create schools
- Assign school-specific managers
- View platform user accounts associated with households
- View households from all schools you administer in unified reporting
- Claim an account created for you based on info you share during school year registration
- Register via general web registration to be part of a school network
- Registrant during registration is made aware that there is a separate process to be part of a schoolpool network.
- If the registrant is already part of a schoolpool and/or looking to join a schoolpool network, information is provided on how to contact the person from whom they can get a special, “non-guessable” URL designated for specific schoolpool network registration.
- The same site registration form is used for those who don't sign up for schoolpools, but the registration form comes with additional fields if the user comes from a schoolpool link. The fields include all of the fields from the imported roster spreadsheet.
- Schoolpool data is distinguished from other types of records for both reporting and general system use. Schoolpool data is not mixed with general records for ridematching, leaderboards, gaming, etc…
- Schoolpool users who register on the system can also use general site features such as the Trip Planner, Trip Log, and leaderboards, but their specific schoolpool data will continue to reside separately from general user information
After being imported or joining a schoolpool program a household user can:
- View their matches within their school via the Schoolpool menu item
- Email matched households in order to create carpools, bike-pools, bus-pools
- Download their refrigerator-ready PDF
- Edit their household information
- Copy a link to send to other household members to join and view matches