The RideAmigos Schoolpool feature lets parents of students to connect and form transportation networks. This makes it easier for parents and students to reduce their carbon footprint, socialize with their friends and family, and decrease the stress that comes from limited transportation options. Our tool allows for visualization of the households that make up a school to find the best match for each user. Your site administrators may also create carpools, vanpools, or shuttles for parents to view as transportation resources.
Parents have the opportunity to build their transportation community on their own and you're given a special role with unique privileges in order to do so.
Only authorized families can join school networks. Parents are authorized by:
- Auto account creation via roster
- Registering via general web registration to be part of the school network. This process is as follows:
- During registration you are made aware that there is a separate process to be part of a schoolpool network.
- If you are already part of a schoolpool and/or looking to join a schoolpool network, information is provided on how to contact the person from whom you can get a special sign-up link, designated for your specific school's network registration.
- The registration form that is used is the same as the normal registration form, but with additional required input fields, if you come from a schoolpool link.
- Schoolpool-only records will be distinguished from other types of records in both reporting and general system use. They will not be mixed with general records for ridematching, leaderboards, gaming, etc…
- If you are also registered on the larger commute system, you will be able to use general items as well such as the Trip Planner, Trip Log, and leaderboards, but your specific schoolpool data will continue to reside separately from the general user information
After being imported or joining a schoolpool, a household Parent may:
- View their matches within their school via the Schoolpool menu item
- Email matched households in order to create carpools, bike-pools, bus-pools
- Download their refrigerator-ready PDF
- Edit their household information
- Copy a link to send to other household members to join and view matches