Reporting: Evaluating Progress and Impact
By completing this reporting training program for RideAmigos network managers, you will be able to perform all major functions related to viewing and editing report data using RideAmigos.
- Understand the basics of RideAmigos data structure as it pertains to reporting
- Learn how to access the different types of reports available to network managers
- Edit, filter, and sort report fields
- Bookmark favorite reports for future reference
Estimated Time for Completion: 35 minutes
(Each lesson will open in a new window so you can easily return to this module.)
Lesson 1: Understanding RideAmigos Data Structure (~ 10 minutes)
To understand your reporting options it will help to first understand how data is stored within the RideAmigos system.
- Browse through your site with an eye toward data objects and how different objects are created and connected.
- Visit the edit pages for your network and note how the object IDs appear in the corresponding page URLs.
- If you haven’t already, create some additional data by setting up your commute (trip plan) in the My Commute widget and logging some trips via the trip logging widget.
Lesson 2: Reporting 101 (~ 20 minutes)
RideAmigos offers a multitude of network-wide and program-specific reporting options for network managers. Here’s where to start.
- Visit Manage > Network Manage | View All > Click the “Members” link for your network
- Add the created column and click to sort your report by created date.
- Add a filter to the created column to only view users created in the past week.
- Bookmark the “Members” report using your web browser for quick future access.
- From Network Manage | View All > Click the “Triplogs” link for your network
- Notice the triplog information available to you on this page, then click the Advanced Triplog Report link.
- Click the “Updated X ago” text to refresh the report results.
- Add the origin, destination, and source columns.
- Remove the CO2 savings column.
- Sort by the Date Time column then filter to dates from the past month.
- Click the Mode Breakdown button to see your report’s mode stats.
- Export your report to an Excel file.
- Visit some report pages from your example (or real-life) programs and practice accessing sub-reports, downloading reports, adding and removing columns, and familiarizing yourself with what information is available where.
Lesson 3: The Reporting Lexicon (~ 5 minutes)
Sometimes it can be difficult to remember which fields appear on which objects and what they mean. Don’t feel like you have to read each line of the lexicon, just review it and make note of its availability as a reference document.
- Re-visit Network Manage | View All > and Click the “Members” link for your network
- Explore some of the additional columns available, such as modes, updated, last login date, etc.
- Edit the report’s date range to only view trips logged for the past week.
- Add the Alternative Miles and Dollars Savings columns.
- The resulting report will show you the Alternative Miles logged and the Dollar and CO2 savings for the past week for each logged trips.
After completing all of the assignments for this module you should have created the following:
- Bookmarked Network Users report
Double-check that you have successfully created all of the above objects and associations, they may be referenced in future modules.