If you don’t already have a RideAmigos account, follow the steps below and one will be created for you. If you already have an account, you can go through these steps or simply acquire a connect code in the “Connected Apps” section of your user profile page on your RideAmigos account. It’s up to you!
Note for Android users: you must have Google Play Services, a common app dependency, installed before using our app. If you are prompted to install Google Play Services when opening the app, follow their installation instructions before using Commute Tracker.
Upgrading From a Previous Version
If you’ve previously installed Commute Tracker, it will automatically update to the latest version if you have automatic updates enabled in the app store. If you have not enabled automatic updates, visit the Commute Tracker listing on Google Play (Android) or the iOS App Store to update manually.
Major updates to Commute Tracker may require you to re-connect the app to your commuter program provider. Just follow the instructions below to re-connect and set up Commute Tracker.
Setting Up Commute Tracker
- Install the Commute Tracker app from Google Play (Android) or the iOS App Store.
- When prompted, grant the app permission to use your location. This permission is essential to automated location-based commute detection.
- The application will automatically display any public commute programs near you.
If the program you are part of is not public, you will need to log in to your program’s website and retrieve your PIN from the dashboard or the Connected Apps section of your user profile.
If you already have a Connect PIN from your RideAmigos-powered commute program, you can tap “Yes, let’s go!” and skip ahead to step 7.
- Tap to choose your commute program and enter your email address. You will receive an email with your Connect PIN. Please allow up to 5 minutes for the Connect PIN to arrive.
- If this is your first time connecting to this site with this email address, an account will be created for you.
- If you already have an account on this site associated with your email address, Commute Tracker will sync to your existing account.
- Enter the 6-character Connect PIN in the space provided.
- Follow the prompts to provide information that allows Commute Tracker to detect and predict trips between your home and work. Make sure these are entered accurately.(Specific street addresses are required for both home and work in order for Commute Tracker to detect trips. General addresses such as “city, state” do not allow Commute Tracker to recognize when you’ve left your home or reached your workplace and therefore the app will not identify or log trips.)
Once you’ve completed the initial installation and setup of Commute Tracker, you may want to go check out our articles on Logging Trips with Commute Tracker and Planning Trips with Commute Tracker. If you have any questions that we weren’t able to get covered here or in the linked resources, send us a message at help.rideamigos.com or use the embedded support portal to get in touch.