Hopefully you can handle all of this goodness coming your way. You may want to stay seated, as jumping and reading can pose physical harm, and joyful yelling in the office place may still be perceived as strange 🙂 Here we go!
- The new Challenges functionality is being tested and will be ready for you at the end of the month along with Events! We’ll have a seminar going over both of these functions soon (likely the week after Thanksgiving).
- Interested in having your site available in multiple languages? Message Grant (grant) with the subject “Multi-Language Support” for information.
- We have a few secret projects in the works and hopefully I’ll be able to shed some light on them in the next month or so! In addition, trip logging and trip planning are looking to get some big updates soon!
- As a reminder, Schoolpool is now available. Please email Grant (grant) if you want this feature turned on for you! You can view the seminar here: http://docs.rideamigos.com/schoolpool-seminar/. The questions posed at the end of the seminar will be added to this page shortly.
- System modals (pop-ups) are getting smarter. When you visit a URL from an email, some email programs encode hash symbols, which prevented some modals from opening. The system now detects this and attempts to decode the url and display the modal accordingly.
- No more page jumping when a modal opens! Now when a modal opens, it memorizes your scroll position, so then when you close the modal, your scroll position is updated. Voila!
- User detail screens from the Admin area now displays the user’s last login date/time in the top right. Great for checking if a user has already updated their password or information!
- We now have some smarter auto-fill items in the support, password recovery, and registration areas. Tried to login but realized you forgot your password? Click forgot your password and your email is already there! Logged in and need to make a support request? Your info is already in and ready to go! These items are not saved, they are cached by your browser and any record is thrown away as soon as you leave the site!
- Some new guiding text has been added to the Survey module to help with creating your perfect survey!
- We have moved to a new OTP server system which auto-updates every night with the most up-to-date GTFS and OSM data. In addition we have added additional OTP servers in varying regions to add redundancy and request balancing. Essentially, double the servers and more updates!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR YOU AND YOUR USERS
If cold fingers have kept you from winter bike commuting in the past, Bar Mitts or a similar product may help. These Neoprene “mittens” say mounted on the bike and do an excellent job of blocking wind and cold. Inside of the Bar Mitts, you can use your bare hands to operate the controls or wear your choice of gloves or mittens to be extra warm. I have long thin fingers that got cold in many styles of gloves. Adding Bar Mitts work better than anything I’ve tried. http://barmitts.com/
(Photo by Mark Stosberg, can be redistributed non-commercially with attribution to Mark Stosberg)
WHAT IS THE ACADEMY?
A central place for administrators to:
- access the latest product documentation
- share success stories
- suggest new features
- communicate with all other admin of Unity in discussion groups/forums.
- view past release notes and upcoming releases
- to create a space that allows us to come together as a community so that everyone can leverage what makes their individual TDM program great
- provide a space to learn and grow, so that we can all benefit by solving common problems, reaching our common goals, and reducing traffic. In the end, most of our goals here are all the same
Have a glorious Thursday 🙂