Where to start?
System Administrators – You will find reporting tools under the “Manage > System Reports …” and “Manage > Tools | Admin Dashboard” navigation items.
Network Administrators – You will find reporting tools under the “Manage > Network Manage | View All” and “Manage > My Networks …” navigation items.
The reports available under the Admin and Network dashboards are more aggregate and will provide a snapshot of platform statistics as well as enable you to view statistics for each user and/or network individually.
These reports allow for limited filtering, including name, email, and date range for user trip stats. Basic data export is also available, but for more powerful filtering and export abilities we highly recommend using our advanced reporting features.
More robust reporting and data analysis is located in the System Reporting area, accessible via the “Manage > System Reporting …” page and menu area. Administrators are presented with a number of base reports that you can modify to create your own custom reports. These starter reports are based off of key platform objects:
- System users
- System networks
- System triplogs
- System tripplans
- System trip searches
Clicking on any of these reports will take you to a filterable view pre-populated with specific fields of data. From here there are some key actions that you may take:
- Add data fields – You can add data fields by clicking on the drop-down in the upper left-hand corner of the page. This drop-down menu will show you all of the data fields that are available to add to the current report. By toggling them on and off you will add those data fields to the report.
- Filter – Once you’ve added all of the data fields that you are looking for, you can filter the fields that you have chosen by entering specific filters into the filter bar at the top of each column or by choosing from the specific filter settings located in any drop-down menus at the top of each data column.
- Edit date range (User reports only) – Trip counts in user reports defaults to all trip logs in the system, but can be filtered to a specific date range. Below the System Users report title, look for the area that says “with all trip logs (not filtered)” and click the “change” link. This will allow you to specify the date range for trip log counts on the user report.
- Export – Now that you have a filtered report that contains all of the data fields that you’re interested in, you’re ready to export the data to excel. You can do this by clicking the green ‘Export to Excel’ button in the upper right hand corner.
Helpful Reporting Hints
- Have a report that you need to generate regularly? Once you’ve added all of your required data fields and have filtered appropriately, bookmark the page. Then simply visit that bookmark every time you need to pull that report and have it at your fingertips!
- Get a quick graphical snapshot of your user’s mode choice by visiting the System Triplog report and clicking the green ‘Mode Breakdown’ button in the upper right. Don’t forget that you can filter dates before you do this to learn about your user’s mode choices during a specific time period.
- Need help sorting through all of the report field options. Check out our reporting lexicon.