As an administrator you can find reporting tools under both the Admin and Tools navigation bar items.
If you are a network administrator but not a system administrator, you will find reporting under your Network Admin navigation bar item as well as under ‘Tools’ > ‘Managed Network Reporting’.
The reports available under the Admin / Manage navigation bar item are more aggregate and will provide a snapshot of platform statistics as well as enable you to view statistics for each user and/or network individually.
More robust reporting and data analysis is located in the Tools area, accessible via ‘Tools’ > ‘System Reporting’. This page will present you with a number of basic reports that you can modify to create your own custom reports. These starter reports are based off of key platform objects:
- System users
- System networks
- System triplogs
- System tripplans
- System trip searches
Clicking on any of these reports will take you to a filterable view pre-populated with specific fields of data. From here there are three key actions that you may take:
- Add data fields – you can add data fields by clicking on the drop-down in the upper left-hand corner of the page. This drop-down menu will show you all of the data fields that are available to add to the current report. By toggling them on and off you will add those data fields to the report.
- Filter – Once you’ve added all of the data fields that you are looking for, you can filter the fields that you have chosen by entering specific filters into the filter bar at the top of each column or by choosing from the specific filter settings located in any drop-down menus at the top of each data column.
- Export – Now that you have a filtered report that contains all of the data fields that you’re interested in, you’re ready to export the data to excel. You can do this by clicking the green ‘Export to Excel’ button in the upper right hand corner.
Helpful Reporting Hints
- Have a report that you need to generate regularly? Once you’ve added all of your required data fields and have filtered appropriately, bookmark the page. Then simply visit that bookmark every time you need to pull that report and have it at your fingertips!
- Get a quick graphical snapshot of your user’s mode choice by visiting the System Triplog report and clicking the green ‘Mode Breakdown’ button in the upper right. Don’t forget that you can filter dates before you do this to learn about your user’s mode choices during a specific time period.
- Need help sorting through all of the report field options. Check out our reporting lexicon.