Thought Excercise #1 Release Notes: Week of 01/12/2015
- Challenges, Events, Incentives, Schoolpool and Subnetworks features are all available for your platforms! Just email Grant and he’ll get you all set up!
- Want to try out on-route matching? Just email Grant and we’ll get it in place in your development environment. Or we can put it straight to your live site if you’d like! (Spoiler warning: On-route matching is awesome).
- Want localization and language translations? Email Grant your request and he’ll gladly get any languages available set up for your site!
Recently Deployed Function Updates / Bug Fixes
- Updates and Fixes for Incentives
- The Incentives design has been updated to fix an issue that was caused with descriptions or mode choices flowed into multiple lines
- Incentives now react more accordingly to user expectations and fit into the grid more appropriately
- Failed Incentives search now gives better feedback and options
- Updates for Events
- New grid layout fixes flow issues when resizing your window
- If you had an event with a long name, then tried to create another one with a similar long name, it would possibly fail due to trying to create an identical tag for sharing. This has been fixed. (Ex. Grant’s Really Big Circus of Lemurs Day One and Grant’s Really Big Circus of Lemurs Day Two
- Trip Planner Updates
- If you are sending out a specific search or link to your users, you are now able to restrict modes that are shown, or reorder the way that they will show. You must add &modes= to the end of your search URL.
- Ex. https://bloomington.rideamigos.com/#/dashboard/plan/1896%20W%20Tapp%20Rd%7C39.13656186072516,-86.55716308508912/Bloomington,%20Indiana%7C39.16531707100046,-86.52638616299964/?date=2015-05-15&time=11:45%20AM&modes=bike,carpool,transit
- Notice the “&modes=bike,carpool,transit” at the end, of the URL.
- Your options are: carpool, vanpool, transit, bike, walk, drive
- Vanpool is only available if you have vanpool enabled on your platform
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this
- We have updated the OTP bike routing to always show a result, even if the distance is really long. The second result is the quickest route, but first should always return a much safer option (new rider vs. all time bike commuter options)
- We have also placed a small warning on the direct route to remind users to reality-check their routes in that some direct routes may not be safe for newer riders.
- Network Manager Area
- Updated the date filter to show how many triplogs it has been filtered to on the members area (makes it easier to see if the filter has occured)
- Users can now search for currently competing or eligible networks on the challenge view page
- Small updates to the frontend in readiness for future survey templates, no functional changes
- Navigation bar will collapse sooner on smaller screens. This fixes the issue of when the navigation bar would go to two lines and cover tabs or other options. This was mainly only seen by Network Managers or System Admins.