Studies increasingly show that parking cash out programs are the most effective way to influence commuter behavior when it comes to parking demand. So of course we want our partners to be able to take advantage of this using your RideAmigos systems!
Thankfully, it’s easy to set up your parking cash out program using our incentive or point program tools. Follow the recipe below and you’ll be enjoying the sweet, sweet rewards of healthier, happier commuters AND lower demand on your parking facilities.
Parking Cash Out Cake
AKA Setting up a parking cash out system is a piece of … you guessed it … cake!
- Survey your employees to determine if a straight cash incentive would be the most attractive, or if other options might work better. For example, many organizations are experimenting with ‘cash-outs’ offered as an earn-a-bike programs.
- Determine the frequency of the benefit. This will depend most significantly on your parking pass structure.
- Daily – The most flexible option, but the most complex to administer.
- Monthly – The in-betweener.
- Annually – Required by some parking payment schemes.
- Choose your criteria for receiving cash-out payments or benefits – a number of trips or percentage of total trips users must make via an alternative mode to receive the cash.
- Educate your employees about the cash-out program. Make sure to include info in any new employee materials.
- Set up the cash-out as an Incentive or Point Program within the RideAmigos platform.
- Generate reports monthly or quarterly and provide payouts to participating employees.
Need additional help designing or setting up a cash out program? Let us know by submitting a ticket and a member of our partner success team will gladly share their expertise!