If your office has good bicycle access, but you still don’t have a lot of folks taking two wheels to work, it might be time to consider setting up bikepools. A lot of people are interested in biking to work but don’t know how to get started, what route to take and how to be safe while riding in. Bikepools are a great way to get those riders out there and to help them learn from experienced bike commuters in their area. By pairing up new riders with experienced ones and setting a challenge to all those willing to give it a try, you just might add to the growing community of bike commuters at your office and in your community.
AKA Building a bikepool
- Recruit bicycle “ambassadors” – confident, regular commuters
- Identify key bicycle corridors – lots of employees live along or near safe bike routes
- Post bikepools along each identified corridor in the RideAmigos platform
- Host educational clinics to teach new commuters some essential tricks of the trade, and how to find a bikepool near them
- Create an incentive or challenge to encourage new users to sign up and get rolling with their bikepool
Follow these simple steps and you will be well on your way!