Point programs are one of the most effective long-term strategies for sustaining commuter behavior change. Which is why they’re a key part of the RideAmigos suite of incentive tools. Here’s how to get started using point programs:
- Point Programs are located under the “Tools” menu.
- After you select “Point Programs” from the tools menu, you will be able to see all the current, upcoming and past programs, and will also be able to create new programs.
- When creating a program, add details as normal, and then choose how many points each trip is worth based on mode, if there is a maximum amount of points a user can earn for each day logged, and whether a user starts with any points.
- For a user to be able to earn points for any trip logged that was taken within the eligibility dates choose ‘Default points’. If you would like for users to not be able to earn points for trips taken before they joined the program (even if the trip fell within the eligibility dates), choose ‘Custom points’. You can then choose what networks are eligible, what modes are eligible, and what dates the trips must be logged between.
- Once the details are finished, add the inventory of reward items. This can be as many or as few items as you would like. Enter how many items you have and also how many points each individual item costs.
- For the item delivery you may choose self-managed, a simple url / web link, or any of your digital inventory items.
- Hit save!
- If you are a member of one of the eligible networks, head to the “Incentives” tab and click on “Point Programs.” From there you can see the programs for which you are eligible, your current points, and the items you are able to redeem with your points. To earn more points, keep logging trips!
Example point programs: