The RideAmigos Schoolpool feature provides the opportunity to manage school rosters to better facilitate alternate transportation for students and their parents. As a Schoolpool Manager, you're given the responsibility of keeping your designated School up-to-date. You may also be tasked with creating and sending programming to the households at your school. With the communication tools available to Schoolpool Managers, you are able to message any of the households of your school, reducing the work required from a site administrator.
Parents also have the opportunity to build their transportation community on their own and are given a special role with unique privileges in order to do so. RideAmigos will accept both the manual creation of school rosters or the uploading of one via CSV file. Once the rosters are created, many features and workflows are available to facilitate the management of your schoolpool strategies. Cluster maps, custom PDF generation for snail mail, and private registration are some additional features available for Schoolpools in this regard.
As a Schoolpool manager, you may
- View only your specified school
- Edit details about the school
- View the school roster and import or create new members
- Download PDFs and bulk email households as necessary
To get a better understanding of how you want to manage your school, it's important to know how parents at your school will experience the schoolpool feature. Below, you can read about the process of creating a Household in a RideAmigos schoolpool, as well as information and the options available to you after doing so.
Only authorized families can join school networks. Parents are authorized by:
- Auto account creation via roster
- Registering via general web registration to be part of the school network. This process is as follows:
- During registration, the user is made aware that there is a separate process to be part of a schoolpool network.
- If the registrant is already part of a schoolpool and/or looking to join a schoolpool network, information is provided on how to contact the person from whom they can get a special, “non-guessable” URL designated for specific schoolpool network registration.
- The registration form is the same for non-schoolpool users, but we require additional fields if the user comes from a schoolpool link. The fields include all of the fields from the imported roster spreadsheet.
- Schoolpool-only records will be distinguished from other types of records in both reporting and general system use. They will not be mixed with general records for ridematching, leaderboards, gaming, etc…
- Those schoolpool users who register on the system will be able to use general items as well such as the Trip Planner, Trip Log, and leaderboards, but their specific schoolpool data will continue to reside separately from the general user information
After being imported or joining a schoolpool, a household Parent may:
- View their matches within their school via the Schoolpool menu item
- Email matched households in order to create carpools, bike-pools, bus-pools
- Download their refrigerator-ready PDF
- Edit their household information
- Copy a link to send to other household members to join and view matches