Want to run your own Emergency / Guaranteed Ride Home Program? Use the below steps to put your program to work!
Setting up the Network
- Many ERH/GRH programs are restricted to a certain subset of users in the system. To accommodate this, we need to create a specific private network so we can manage who is eligible for the program. To begin, I create a network. For my example I’ll be creating the RideAmigosGRH Network, making it a program type and keeping it private (see image 1).
- Once the network has been created, I go to the network edit page and add any appropriate descriptions and messages to new or current members.
- If you require users to fill out a survey or form when they join, you can simply add this to the network description. (You can even create the survey or form using the Surveys Tool!)
- Once I have finished editing the network’s details, I am able to start adding members. I can do this one of a couple ways (see image 3):
- Sending the join link to all prospective members.
- Adding them manually from the ‘Members’ tab.
Create a “Point Program” for your GRH/ERH
- Next we’ll want to create the ERH/GRH program using the Point Program Tool
- Go to Tools -> Point Programs -> New point program
- Name it whatever you would like, for our example we’ll be using ‘RideAmigos GRH Program’
- Add all the details and descriptions of the program and point of contact. Any surveys or questionnaires the user needs to fill out should be a part of the description (see image 4).
Choose “Point Program” Criteria
Set up your criteria for the program (see image 5).
- We will only be allowing 4 vouchers in this example per year, so set the points per trip to zero
- Also set the maximum points per day to zero.
- Set the starting points to 4, this is how many vouchers they will have in our example.
- Choose whatever modes you want, since users can’t accrue more points, this is not necessary
- Choose the dates that this program will run between and when the users have to have their vouchers redeemed by (see image 6).
- Select the eligible networks, for our example we’ll only be allowing the RideAmigos GRH Network to participate.
Adding the Vouchers
Add your vouchers as inventory items. You can do this one of two ways, as four separate vouchers, or as one voucher that can be redeemed 4 times. We will be doing the latter (see image 7).
- Name the voucher
- Set the quantity to unlimited
- Set the user limit to 4.
- If you have a download they need to fill out or send in, click ‘Digital Delivery’ and add the link.
- Add any description or instructions the user needs when they redeem to the ‘Download Notes’ field.
- Save your Program. Users will now be able to view this from their Incentives/Point Programs area and redeem their vouchers (see image 8).
- Let your users know about the program and get started!
- You will be able to view who has redeemed their vouchers via the Point Program Report screen.